Substitute Teacher - Application Process______________________________________________________________________________________
- Complete Application for employment and bring to Central
@ 800 W. 10th Ave. Application Link Click Here!!
- All substitute teachers will need to fill out the W-4 and
Employment Eligibility Verification form. These can be
picked up at Central Office. Your driver's license and
social security card must be verified at this time.
- Before your employment can be finalized, South Dakota law
requires that all employees of a school district undergo a
criminal background check.
- Pick up forms at Central Office
- Complete all information on the back of the dark blue fingerprint card
- Take enclosed letter and cards to the Davison County
Sheriff's office where you will be fingerprinted twice:
once for the SD Division of Criminal Investigation and
once for the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The Sheriff's Office fingerprints for this purpose on Tuesday (7-9 P.M.) and Saturday (10A.M. to noon.) So that they will be ready for you, please call them at 995-8639 at least one day in advance.
- Pay the $10 fee for this request and receipt.
- Mail both fingerprint cards in the envelope provided.
- Finally, submit your fingerprinting receipt to the Mitchell School's Central Office so that you may be reimbursed for this expense. After the DCI/FBI report is received in our office, you will be reimbursed for this expense also.